Saturday, February 1, 2014

Destashing , the Frog Pond and WIPs

I have been trying to bring order to my stash. I love  my stash. I love the colors and the squishiness of the sock weight yarn. I love dreaming about what I will make with each skein. 

I've been buying most of my yarn from indie dyers this past six months. I enjoy supporting micro businesses and the women who run them. I joined a yarn club last fall , a first for me, and got some great one of a kind yarns! I'm knitting a garter stitch shawl with the December club shipment. I loved the pattern that came in the shipment, but I wanted something a little simpler. This will be my first shawl once it's complete. 

I did some destashing as well. I still had some inexpensive acrylic yarn hanging around that I knew I wouldn't use. It is all on it's way to a thrift store where someone will buy it and love it.

I created a frog pond with projects I have started but don't love any more. I have frogged two projects and will repurpose the yarn. The first project frogged was a shawl that I just wasn't liking any more. Love the yarn, so it will become another shawlette or a cowl of some kind. 

Currently on the needles I have a wrap for my dear aunt I am working out of yarn she purchased for a project years ago. The yarn didn't fit the pattern, so I am repurposing it into something she will use and love. I have a shawl in progress made with two different sock weight yarns that I am making for myself! The last project currently on the needles is a Michigan Sky Scarf. Each two row stripe is knit in the color most representing the color of the sky that day. More about that another time. 

Since I am never content with less than four or five projects on the needles, I will be casting on some socks soon. 

Until next time,
Knit on!

No comments:

Post a Comment