Thursday, April 5, 2012

To Stash Or Destash--That Is The Question

 I've been going through my stash. I recently received a destash  that will nicely complement my stash. I love getting destashes!  I am going through my own stash to see if  can bless someone with a destash.  I love finding treasures long forgotten. I love finding yarn and pattern together especially! It's like Christmas at any time of year. 


I must confess I added to my stash while we were on vacation last week. The yarn shop I visited had yarn on 50% clearance! What's a girl to do?!?  I was so committed to using what I have before buying more. *Sigh* I did get ten skeins of one color that will make a gorgeous sweater...when I find the right pattern :)


I got three skeins of a multi-strand elasticky yarn that intrigues me. I think it will make adorable headbands because of the 1% elastic content. I will have fun experimenting. 


I just finished knitting a couple of  coffee cup( to fit a Starbucks to go cup for example) cozies. I once heard that a knitter never met something that wouldn't be better if it were cozied!  


I think I will begin a shawlette  for which the yarn and pattern have been patiently waiting in a tote. The yarn is a light and summery peach color--perfect for the lovely days we have been experiencing. 


To answer the question in my title....I'm thinking stash and destash. We will see what treasures I find as I unearth bags long buried in the closet.


Happy Knitting!



No comments:

Post a Comment